As I am only living in London for a year, I have decided to make a ‘Bucket List’ that I hope to work my way through and maybe (hopefully) complete by next July.
With only 12 months in this amazing city, I want to make the most of my time here and see and do so many incredible things that London has to offer.
Stick with me while I attempt to tick off everything on the list, and I’ll be popping back on here and extending the list daily as I discover new things to do.
And of course, if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations then please send them my way!
In no particular order, By the end of next year I hope to…
See a show on the West End
I saw Les Miserablés on my second day of being in London! Read about it here.
2. Watch a game at Wimbledon
Go to a music festival
I got to go to Lovebox Festival during the first week on my new job! Read all about my time at Lovebox and what I got up to right here.
4. Cycle through Hyde Park on a Boris Bike
See a celebrity walking around London
So far I’ve seen Myleene Klass and Sophia Smith (blogger and ex-girlfriend of Liam Payne) in Soho, and Laura Whitmore at Lovebox Festival!
Ride in an Uber
My first ever (hour-long) Uber ride got me straight from Lovebox Festival, right to my front door. Amazing.
7. Visit the
Tate Modern and Tate Britain
So I have only visited the top floor of the Tate Modern, taking in the amazing views of London, and I also had a gin and tonic, but I will venture back very soon to explore the many floors of modern artwork.
8. Visit Notting Hill and see the coloured houses
9. Have a picnic and watch the sunset over the London skyline in Primrose Hill
10. Party in Shoreditch
11. Grab food at Portobello Market, Camden Market and Borough Market
12. Meet Boris Johnson
See Les Miserablés on the West End
The best three hours of my life, which you can read about right here.
14. Go to Brighton
15. Sail along the Thames on a boat
16. Go to the top of the Shard
17. Look for my future house in Chelsea
18. Take the Euro Tunnel to France
19. See 10 shows on the West End
20. Sit on Murray Mount drinking Pimms and eating Strawberries
21. Go to a show in the Shakespeare Globe
22. Go to a rooftop bar
23. Have afternoon tea on the afternoon tea bus
24. Meet a fellow Irish person
25. Meet a member of One Direction (preferably Niall Horan)
26. Visit London Zoo
27. Got to Winter Wonderland
28. Compete in the Bake Off Challenge in Tooting Broadway
29. Go to a music concert
30. See the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace
31. Watch London Pride Parade
32. See the fireworks over Big Ben on New Year’s Eve in person
33. Go to an outdoor cinema
34. Visit Westminster Abbey
35. Admire the view from St Paul’s Cathedral
36. Visit the Kensington Palace and Gardens
37. Visit the Harry Potter Studios
38. Grab a Sunday Roast at a London Pub
39. Row a boat on the Serpentine in Hyde Park
40. Visit the London Dungeons
41. Go to Brick Lane and try some amazing food
42. Watch the boat race between Oxford and Cambridge
43. Ride on a red double-decker bus
44. Have a cocktail at Mr Fogg’s
45. Visit the Ritz and Savoy
46. Take a touristy picture outside Buckingham Palace and in front of Big Ben
Walk through the business area of Canary Wharf
Almost like a mini New York, it’s great and very quiet on weekends.
48. Shop on Regents Street and Oxford Street at Christmas
49. Go to Piccadilly Circus when it’s dark to see the billboards
50. Visit Abbey Road and recreate the iconic Beatles picture
51. Shop (browse) at Harrods
Catch the tube during rush hour
Challenge completed. Bonus point goes to me for commuting in 30 degrees heat.