Recently, I spent five weeks living in Edinburgh, Scotland. As part of a remote-working tour of the UK, my boyfriend and I spent over a month living in Stockbridge while working from home.
Since we ate out a lot in Edinburgh and I grabbed takeaway coffee almost every day, I thought it would be useful to compile a list of everywhere that we really rated.
The most extensive lists are going to be of coffee and takeaways, but now that places are open to eat inside, there are many more we wish we had been able to try out.
But that will mean we’ll have an excuse to go back!
Related post: I Moved to Edinburgh, Scotland!
- Fortitude, New Town
- Stockbridge Kitchen, Stockbridge – have the chocolate and raisin twist and thank me later
- Caffeine, New Town
- Brioche, New Town
- Bread and Butter, New Town
- Wellington Coffee, New Town
- Soderberg, Stockbridge (lots of locations)
- Artisan Roast, Broughton
- New Town Deli, New Town
- The Pantry, Stockbridge
- The Urban Fox, Newington
- Dishoom, St. Andrew Square
- Loudons, Near Royal Mile
Out for dinner
- The White Horse, Royal Mile (oyster and seafood bar)
- Chaoprya, New Town (rooftop Thai)
- The Devil’s Advocate, Royal Mile
- McLaren’s on the Corner, Morningside
- The Pitt, Leith – Baltic Market vibes if you’ve been to Liverpool (but not as good)
- Bross Bagels, everywhere (but we ate from Stockbridge every other day)
- Stewed, pop-up in Bruntsfield
- L’Alba D’Oro, Stockbridge (best fish & chips in Edinburgh apparently)
- Tuk Tuk Indian Street Food, Bruntsfield
- Chez Jules Bistro, New Town (French food – super cheap and fab!)
- Finnegans, New Town (super cheap lunch spot)
- Mary’s Milk Bar, Grassmarket (great ice cream!)
- Civerino’s Place, by The Meadows